ACT FEE WAIVER
ALA High School Counseling © All Rights Reserved.
Eligibility for ACT fee waiver
Eligibility Requirements Each student who receives an ACT Fee Waiver
must meet ALL eligibility requirements:
1. Be currently enrolled in high school in the 11th or 12th grade.
2. Be a US citizen or testing in the US, US territories, or Puerto Rico.
3. Meet one or more of the indicators of economic need listed below:
● Enrolled in a federal free or reduced-price lunch program at school, based on USDA income levels (see table below).
● Enrolled in a program for the economically disadvantaged (for example, a federally funded program such as GEAR UP or Upward Bound). Note: If the student participates in a program, but is not economically disadvantaged, they are not eligible for a fee waiver.
● Resides in a foster home, is a ward of the state, or is homeless.
● Family receives low-income public assistance or lives in federally subsidized public housing.
● Family’s total annual income is at or below USDA levels for free or reduced-price lunches (see table below).